Snapsheet is a Chicago Insure-Tech company with a suite of products that support the processing of all things car insurance. I worked to understand a variety of end users, and guide the product path towards useful, industry-disruptive solutions.
In-house Senior UX/UI Designer
Note: all images for this project are password protected. Please contact me to access these images.
An overview of the steps in my process at Snapsheet
Observe, understand, strategize
- Competitive benchmarking, observational research and interviews
- Analysis of collected data using tools like affinity clustering, as-is scenario maps, and needs statements
- Pose a hypothesis
- Synthesis and presentation of research data into graphs, charts, user personas, user journeys, and stakeholder maps, brought to life with a good story
Lead ideation sessions
- Develop KPIs, generate product ideas, define objectives
- User flows in Lucid Chart, low-fidelity wireframes in Sketch, rough prototypes in Axure
- No matter the budget for testing, finding users to stop by, play around with "quick-and-dirty" prototypes, and answer key questions. Small wins here lead to increased support
Iterate & collaboratively implement
- Receive feedback on the accuracy of our hypotheses, adjust product roadmap, track design requests/bugs using JIRA, iron out as much risk as possible
- There are always opportunities for improvement. Honesty with ourselves at this crucial junction is a great form of success. and so of course, our final step was…
Start over again at step 1!